View from the stalls Blog 5 - Springing into Spring.

 

View From The Stalls 5

                                                           

 Springing into Spring.

It’s official…Spring has sprung! (If we are to believe the Gregorian calendar). Our weather services on the other hand   beg to differ. They predict more rain, colder, and possibly snow! “What the fffflip’s going on?” I can just picture it now, two young lovers both wearing wellies, anoraks, and woolen beanies prancing through the meadow, occasionally stopping to pick daisies, “she loves me, she loves me not, she loves me, she…” oh what the heck Monique, it’s too damn cold, let’s get back to the car”.


Goodness me! we should by now have been wearing shorts and tees. Speaking of tees, saw a guy on the market the other day wearing a tee with the letter “R” printed across the entire front. I thought his name’s probably Robert, or Richard, or perhaps Rafik. Then I thought, this guy hadn’t thought this through properly. Now had he made the “R” smaller; he could have had enough space for his full name. Makes sense, doesn’t it? Then he turned, and on the back, it read: U, OK?... As if I care! 


But hey! its heritage month. Time to shake your family tree and see what falls out. I know some of us will not shake it too vigorously for fear of what might hit the ground. Regardless, we gotta celebrate our ancestry brothers and sisters! You know what they say, if you don’t know where you come from…you’re probably lost!!! 


But our forebears were hunter/gatherers. Some hunted, and some gathered around the supper circle waiting for the hunters to return with their kill. Say man! that tetradactyl looks really yummy. “We gonna braai it”? “Oh dammit! I forgot; fire hasn’t been invented yet”. Well, looks like we gonna have to get out the Gaviscon later brother Org, I feel my heartburn’s gonna play up again…


So, all you at the IEDF Family; celebrate this month as we celebrated our wonderful women’s month. Stay loose. Stay focused and if you’re braaiing on Heritage Day, may the wors be with you… catch you next time!



By Q-squared.

Popular posts from this blog

View From The Stalls Blog 7 - Prince of darkness, a.k.a. Eskom.

View From The Stalls Blog 8

View From The Stalls Blog 6 - Proudly Home-made.